- 1. Keep the curriculum up to date both in content and quality of education offered.
- 2. Keep the laboratories up to date not only in equipment and software tools, but also in type and quality of conducted experiments.
- 3. Attract and retain high quality faculty members.
- 4. Build a balanced education program to effectively blend theory and practice.
- 5. Increase external research and training grants and contracts.
- 6. Reduce teaching load for research-active faculty.
- 7. Conduct periodic surveys of faculty and students to assess the adequacy of departmental computer systems support.
- 8. Promote faculty participation in activities that are aimed at developing new research areas and national initiatives.